The Biotech & Healthcare IT Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Korea Times : A Doctor Who Decided to Cure Computers

The Korea Times : A Doctor Who Decided to Cure Computers: "One on One with Ahn Chul-soo, CEO of Ahnlab


Ahn Chul-soo, CEO of Ahnlab Inc.
Dorothy: You were originally working in a medical field, what made you switch to the IT field all of a sudden?
Ahn: I am the eldest in a family of doctors. Being a doctor was naturally expected from my parents, and I also felt the obligation to be one. When I was young, I was interested in electronics, but to follow what was expected of me, I ended up going to medical school. I wanted to do something that could involve both electronics and medicine, so I chose to major in cardiac electro-physiology (CEP). CEP is the study of electricity within a human body. For example, when studying the heart, we would focus on the way it beats since it produces energy by itself. I was not a physician, but rather a medical scientist. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home